søndag 23. oktober 2011

I LOVE SOUTH AFRICA!

Hello blog readers!
Here in Cape Town I’ve had so much fun! We have relaxed on the beach, we ate wonderful food on a newly opened restaurant and went shopping.

This morning we went straight down to the beach so we could take advantage of the whole day. It’s so nice to get down there to swim and just relax with a good book while listening to the waves. The beach is called Cape Town beach and it have to be the most beautiful beach I’ve ever seen! The sand is silky, without any big stones, warm water and some cute, colorful houses along the beach promenade.

After being on the beach for a while we went back to our hotel room to get dressed because tonight we were going out to eat at a newly opened restaurant.
There were African dancers and singers who danced all night, there wasn't a moment we were not entertained. They served us beautiful food! 
For starters we got Akara (fried bean cakes), for entrée we got chicken in a strong tomato and peanut sauce and for dessert we got coconut cake, which suited me perfectly because I really love coconuts, It’s so good! I’m sure we are going back to this restaurant later on our vacation, I have never tasted so good food before.


After eating up the lovely meal, we took the taxi into the shopping streets. I really loves to go shopping and it's extra fun when it’s in other stores than I’m used to. But I wasn't in shopping mood today because there were a lot of people in the streets who just sat there in hope of getting some money so they could buy some food. I felt so sorry for them that I didn't want to spend much money on things I did not need. Instead I gave away all the cash I had to various children and adults that needed the money more than I did. No I'm sure that when I get home I will be a sponsor, I want to help those in need!

Written by Marte Moe

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar